TRL is the company which offer transport service in Tanzania.
The following are among of the service offered by TRL
1. Passenger Train Services
- Upcountry Train service
- Commuter Train
- Deluxe Train Service — this is new services offered by TRL
The Deluxe service will play to both routes Dar es Salaam- Mwanza and Kigoma and Back once a week. it will be an additional services to make three passenger service in a week Since the running of this service will involve a quite substantial amount of cost, therefore TRL is compelled to prepare a new Tariff which will correspond with the cost of running the intended service.
This Train service has an exceptional features:-
- Stop only at selected 14 Major and Medium stations on both DSM -MZA and DSM – KGM
- Strict occupancy limitation, One passenger one seat basis. No standing Passenger
- Punctuality driven Service
- Shortened Travel Time, Strictly Maximum of 35 Hours, DSM – MWZ and DSM – KGM
2. Goods Train Services
- Domestic Traffic — this cover movement of goods with Tanzania including it’s export and imports
- Transit Traffic –Cover movement of goods from/ to Neighborhood landlocked countries of Burundi, Ruwanda, Uganda,Congo and Zambia